Royal Enfield CD & DVD
UCE (Unit Conctruction Engine)
Bullet Service Manual CD
by Pete Snidal
Covers All 2009 - 2012 EFI models:
Classic, C5, G5, Electra DL
Bullet Service Manual CD by Pete Snidal Covers All EFI models: Classic, C5, G5, Electra DL
It's An Owner's Manual And A Maintenance Manual.
Written with a vast range of owners in mind, from the brand new motorcyclist to the weekend tuner/mechanic.
The author says, "Enfield went with the times, and has now in production an extremely civilized, Unit Construction, Computer Managed motorcycle for those much more interested in riding than in monkey-wrenching. Hence this manual, aimed at an entirely different audience: those who have chosen the UCE for its reliability and lack of need to tinker your way across town or down the highway."
Not A Total Workshop Manual
The Pete Snidal UCE Manual is patterned after the ever-popular original in many ways, and goes into enough detail for the vast majority of owners. It is not, however, intended to replace the factory shop manual, which goes "that last mile" into all the workshop service esoterics. Instead, it lays more emphasis on the basics, and in providing an understanding of how the machine works for the average rider/owner.
It begins with starting drill and the basics of learning to ride, from starting, engaging first gear and moving off, halting, emergency stops, and changing gears. From there, it covers troubleshooting, (including push-starting) It continues to the basic mechanical level of such things as understanding the Electronic Engine Management System, and such basic maintenance items as chassis, wheels, brake servicing, top end engine work, and clutch and electrical system - including a full-colour schematic!
Contains drawings, photos, and diagrams from various sources, although all the text is completely original, Procedures are listed step by step. Just as with Pete's original Bullet manual, the author states that doing some reading of this manual will help you become one with your UCE Bullet! - to attain "Bulletsatvana."
The Attainment of "Bulletsatvana!"... according to Pete this is a divine state of grace in which you become totally comfortable with your Enfield Bullet in all conditions and at all times.
This is NOT a collection of scans of other manuals - such as the Indian Factory Manual. It is completely original text written by Pete Snidal in 2009/10.
CHAPTER 1 - FOUR STROKE ENGINE BASICS: RPM, HP AND TORQUE
CHAPTER 2 - OPERATION AND RIDING
* - starting drill
* - putting the machine away
* - engaging gear and moving off
* - gear changing: up, down
* - halting, finding neutral, use of clutch
* - proper use of brakes
The Engine Management System: - The "Heart Of The Beast"
CHAPTER 3 - BASIC DAY-TO-DAY MAINTENANCE
The Troubleshooting Chart
- Read it now or wish you did later..
* - Quick Reference or Be-Prepared Reading
* - New Bike Prep: - bad grounds, checking torques and tightnesses, rusty tank, etc.
* - Most Important:Running In A Fresh Engine
* - Long Term Storage - putting Baby to bedfor the winter
* - Tools To Carry - on every ride!
- Lubrication, Cleaning, and Adjustments
* - Cleaning
* - Primary Case Oil, Fork Leg Oil
* - Lubrication: Cables, Engine and Gearbox Oils
CHAPTER 4 - BASIC DAY-TO-DAY MAINTENANCE: CHECKING AND ADJUSTMENTS
* - The Clutch
* - Brakes Adjustment
* - Checking Spoke Tension
* - Chains: Checking, Adjustment, Replacement
* - Chassis Adjustments
* - Chassis electrical
PART II - PROFESSIONAL SERVICES - WORK NORMALLY DONE BYPAID MECHANICS
Chapter 5 - GENERAL CHASSIS WORK
* - Removing Wheels
* - Tire Changing
# - Rear Brake Shoe Replacement, Arcing
# - Front Disk Brake Maintenance
# - Front Suspension Work
# - Cable Replacement
# - Wheel Bearing Service
Chapter 6 - ENGINE WORK:
* The Scope Of This Manual
* Wear Limits and Clearances
A. Top End
* Deciding On Top End Work
* Top End Overhaul
* Removing Cylinder Head
* Removing Cylinder Barrel
* Replacing Cylinder Barrel
* Replacing Cylinder Head
B. Side Cover Work
* Removing The Right Side Engine Cover (Alternator)
* Replacing The Right Side Engine Cover
# Removing The Left Side Engine Cover (Clutch)
# Primary and Starter Drive Work
Chapter 7: THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
1. Schematics - Colour-Enhanced
* The Starting/Charging Systems
* The Engine Management System
* The Starting/Charging Systems
* The Engine Management System - Colour
* Checking Your Charging System
* General Electrical Troubleshooting
* Sorting Starter Problems - Electrical
* Checking Alternator Output
* Remove & Replace Alternator Stator
* Remove & Replace Starter Motor